As I mentioned a while back, I'm doing the Recession Swap on Ravelry. There will be bi-weekly blog questions, and here is the first one:
If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?"
Ok, who hasn't already answered this a million times in their head? Of course, it would depend on how much, but just for fun, lets say it was a huge jackpot!
- Invest the bulk of it for our retirement, kid's college, and their future nest eggs.
- Give a chunk to charity
- Pay off our house (which we love, not selling), and buy some lakefront property with a great view of the sunsets and lots of trees. Someplace within easy driving distance of Tulsa, roughly an hour. Far enough to get away, but not so far that we couldn't come and go easily.
- Build a lake house, complete with a large crafting room for me, and an extra large garage for BHE. He'd probably stock with with a few cars too. The house would be large enough to entertain family and friends, but still have a cozy feel. The craft room would really be set up for sewing and probably have a long arm quilting machine. I'd do my knitting where ever the rest of the family was :D
- Help out family and close friends.
- Take a few extended vacations, all over the world.
- I'd probably keep working, at least part time. One, because I love what I do, and two, because I want to set a good example for my kids. Strong work ethic and all that, yada, yada, yada.
- Oh! I'd definitely hire a professional organizer to deal with the mess that used to be my sewing room. I am in dire need of organization for my books, magazines, fabric, yarn, and all sorts of works in progress. It is also my home office, so there's all sorts of paper in there.
- I also need a scanner to deal with the paper, and a temp to scan everything ;)
What would you do?